Mindful Self-Compassion Graduate Class
6-Week Follow-up Course in Mindful Self-Compassion
Join other graduates to deepen your practice to bring self-compassion alive in your own life. This class offers an extended opportunity to deepen our practice and integrate it more fully into our everyday life.
Together, we will:
- Find ourselves in a moment of difficulty
- Remember that this is in the nature of human-ness, aliveness
- Offer ourselves the kindness we might offer a loved one
We will start each class with formal meditations, and then address the issue for the week. In the process, we will address questions about actually practicing MSC when at work, with our families, friends, and others.
There will be short written exercises, small and large group discussion. This class promotes give-and-take between members, to address living dilemmas we can all learn from. Homework will be suggested each week.
- Welcome back to Mindful Self-Compassion: Where are you now? What brings you to class?
- Finding or remembering our motivating values; self-compassion in the face of inner and outer barriers
- Where we most need self-compassion in our everyday lives
- Mindful Self-Compassion and difficult emotions
- Inner compassion and compassion for others
- Going forward with our top tools for Mindful Self-Compassion
Research has shown that self-compassion greatly enhances emotional well-being. It boosts happiness, reduces anxiety and depression, and can even help you stick to your diet and exercise routine. All that's required is a shift in the direction of your attention--recognizing that as a human being, you, too, are a worthy recipient of compassion.
There are six weekly classes.
Please Note: There will not be class on November 23rd.
*Payment arrangements are available. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1826 14th St.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
*This location has a handicap accessible ramp.
Sliding scale from $180 to $300 per person.
Please pay at the highest level of the sliding scale that you can afford. This helps us make sure those who pay less can attend.
Whatever you pay above the lowest end of the sliding scale is a tax-deductible donation to InsightLA.
Please note: There are many ways to attend InsightLA classes and events. If you are unable to pay the suggested registration price, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.